Ready to Inspire Actions That MatterTM? Crosby, one of the country’s leading independent communications firms, is seeking an Accounting Coordinator. Come support the Finance team with a key role in Accounts Payable/Receivable, monthly billing and reporting, and vendor statements.
- Accurately review, classify, and process vendor invoices and employee expense reports
- Digital storage of Accounts Payable (AP) supporting documentation
- Process weekly AP batch check runs
- Update cashflow report
- Research and reconcile company credit card statement
- Reconcile vendor statements and respond to vendor inquiries
- Maintain vendor files and assist with 1099 reporting
- Initiate accounting system setup of new clients, jobs, employees, and vendors
- Review expense accounts at month-end
- Assist in preparation of client billing worksheets/invoices
- Monitor and maintain accounts receivable
- Maintain, update, and manage accounting files
- Prepare time entry reports for distribution
- Provide phone coverage and front desk backup support
- Provide additional accounting/administrative ad hoc support as needed
We’re looking for candidates with these qualifications:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Up to 3 years of practical accounting experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines with accuracy and timeliness
- Positive attitude and energy to support fellow team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills to work with large data sets to perform analysis (i.e. pivot tables, filters, lookups, formula creation and macros)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Access a plus
- Government Contracting experience a plus
Crosby was named a 2021 North America Agency of the Year by Provoke Media and has been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post for seven consecutive years. We offer generous benefits, bonus, and profit-sharing opportunities.
Crosby offers a hybrid work schedule, working in office three days a week and remote two days a week (Mondays & Fridays). Our headquarters are in Annapolis, MD, and we also have offices in Bethesda, just outside of Washington, D.C. This full-time position is in our Annapolis, MD office.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume.
Crosby is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation. Crosby has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19.