Are you ready to Inspire Actions that Matter™? Crosby, one of the country’s leading independent communications firms, is seeking a QA Specialist/Junior Web Developer. Our ideal candidate has relevant experience in conducting quality assurance for large scale websites, mobile apps, and digital products as well as 1+ years of development experience. This is an exciting opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the healthcare, nonprofit, and federal government spaces and help create digital experiences and products that touch millions of people, and positively impact people’s lives.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist/Junior Developer will ensure that our deliverables surpass client expectations and requirements and follow QA best practices. This roles primary responsibility is to conduct quality control testing to ensure that digital products that are developed meet test plans and QA checklists. You will also be supporting the development team with website maintenance development tasks, manual content migration as well as client demos. This role presents an excellent opportunity for individuals with QA experience who also want to learn more to enhance their skills as a developer.
- Conduct QA testing (manual and automated) for website and other digital properties
- Create and track bug tickets as well as regression testing issue triaging
- Create and maintain comprehensive and well-organized manual test scripts/cases and documentation for larger scale websites
- Content authoring with lite HTML within the CMS
- Review requirements/technical documentation from a QA perspective to help proactively prevent QA, performance, and accessibility issues
- Conduct ADA/508 compliance and performance testing for larger scale projects
- Support company-wide quality assurance standards and processes
- Stay up-to-date on the latest QA best practices, trends and technologies
- Work closely with development team, UX team, and project management teams to resolve documented QA issues; support client demos of completed work
- Development tasks as assigned to include WordPress monthly maintenance updates
We are looking for candidates with these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or relevant work experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a QA specialist and 1+ year experience developing WordPress websites and other PHP based CMS frameworks
- Solid understanding of QA concepts, processes, and applications
- Experience following QA processes and using testing tools (i.e., Browser Stack)
- Understanding of ADA/WCAG and 508 Compliance standards
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with high attention to detail
- Great team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Experience or understanding of automated testing a plus
- Some experience of Agile and/or Scrum methodologies a plus
Crosby was named a 2021 North America Agency of the Year by Provoke Media and has been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post for six consecutive years. We offer generous benefits, bonus, and profit-sharing opportunities. Crosby offers a hybrid work schedule, working in office three days a week and remote two days a week (Mondays & Fridays). Our headquarters are in Annapolis, MD, and we also have offices in Bethesda, just outside of Washington, D.C. This full-time position is in our Annapolis, MD office.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume.
Crosby is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation. Crosby has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19.