Ready to Inspire Actions that Matter™? Crosby, one of the country’s leading independent communications firms, seeks a Social Media Manager to support our growing federal government and health care practices. You understand the principles of building, growing and engaging with online communities. You will be responsible for driving engagement across social media channels, including sweeping platforms for response opportunities, as well as developing and publishing user-focused content. Performance-based reporting activities will also be a key component of the role.
Must have an understanding of the digital/social ecosystem and be accustomed to working in a fast-paced, collaborative and creative environment. Background using social media monitoring and management tools such as Crimson Hexagon and Khoros is ideal. Two to four years of professional experience, agency setting preferred.
- Supporting social media engagement tactics, such as community moderation, monitoring social media channels for engagement opportunities, and developing curated content recommendations
- Creating content plans and editorial calendars for evergreen and campaign content
- Partnering with strategists, designers, analysts, and clients to concept, develop, and schedule timely, shareable content (graphics, memes, animations, videos)
- Sourcing and writing social media content (e.g., post copy, text overlay for graphics and videos)
- Pulling and reviewing analytics to assess content performance, create reports that communicate impact, and make recommendations for continual improvements
- Supporting social listening to help inform content strategy
- Contributing to enhancing the company’s social and digital capabilities by staying current on trends and best practices
- Presenting work and thought process to internal stakeholders and clients
We’re looking for candidates with these qualifications:
- 2-4 years of social media experience with a focus on content creation and publishing, including writing social copy
- Expertise in social networks including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Strong conceptual thinking and proven ability to translate complex ideas into simple, straightforward content paired with compelling visuals
- Experience with social media analytics and reporting
- Understanding of current and emerging best practices for different social media platforms
- Proven success working collaboratively on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with enterprise content publishing and management tools such as Khoros
- Previous experience with community management and content development a plus
We offer generous benefits, bonus, and profit-sharing opportunities. Our headquarters are in Annapolis, MD, and we also have offices in Bethesda, just outside of Washington, D.C. Crosby offers a hybrid work schedule, working in office three days a week and virtually/remote two days a week (Mondays & Fridays).
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume.
Crosby is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation. Crosby has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19.