Ready to Inspire Actions that Matter™? Crosby, one of the country’s leading independent communications firms seeks a user experience architect who wants to make a difference. This is an exciting opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the healthcare, nonprofit and government spaces and help create digital experiences and products that touch millions of people and positively impact people’s lives. Our ideal candidate has experience that includes working on large scale responsive websites and native mobile apps.
- Lead UX discovery process and work closely with project stakeholders to conduct user and business research and define UX requirements
- Synthesize user research and business data to help shape the product roadmap, designs and future research activities
- Build out UX artifacts including personas, journey maps, heuristics evaluations, touchpoint audits, content mapping documents, etc.
- Partner with clients, strategists, designers, and developers to create site maps and user flows and advise on the creation of wireframes, clickable prototypes and modular design systems
- Support iterative UX improvements through multiple UX methods including usability testing, card sorting exercises, website A/B testing, etc.
- Work collaboratively with creative directors, UX designers, developers, and copywriters to ensure digital engagements and experiences meet user and client needs while remaining developmentally feasible
We’re looking for candidates with these qualifications:
- A varied UX portfolio that showcases your overall process and key deliverables that you created
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience, preferably with an agency or consultancy
- Core UX skills: user and industry research, information architecture, UX strategy and content strategy
- Experience leading the UX discovery process as part of a website or app design/redesign
- Technical knowledge and understanding of modern web technologies and familiarity with leading content management systems
- Ability to not only understand complex systems, but to explain them in plain language to stakeholders
- A self-starter, who is deadline-driven and detail-oriented
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in leading UX tools (such as Figma, InVision, Axure or Sketch)
- Bonus points for wireframing, prototyping, front-end development, and UI design skills
We offer generous benefits, bonus, and profit-sharing opportunities. Our headquarters are in Annapolis, MD, and we also have offices in Bethesda, just outside of Washington, D.C. Crosby offers a hybrid work schedule, working in office three days a week and virtually/remote two days a week (Mondays & Fridays).
Please include both a resume and a link to your online portfolio to be considered. This full-time position is in our Annapolis, MD office.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume.
Crosby is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation. Crosby has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19.