Ready to Inspire Actions that Matter™? Crosby, one of the country’s leading independent communications firms, seeks a Public Relations Account Executive with strong media relations, writing, and project management skills. You’ll join a team that is doing national media engagement for high-profile clients that regularly garner top-tier coverage.
- Support media relations and reputation management programs for clients with a focus on nonprofit organizations and the federal government
- Execute national and regional media relations programs targeting consumer and industry media
- Conduct media monitoring and pull analytics to assess program performance, create reports that communicate impact and make recommendations for continual improvements
- Draft briefing documents, press releases, and associated marketing materials
- Build press lists, coordinate press interviews with clients, and track media clips
- Help manage team timelines and deliverables, including supporting senior staff and interfacing with clients
- Support both clients and senior-level staff in navigating sensitive, high-profile, quick-turn situations
We’re looking for candidates with these qualifications:
- 2 to 4 years of public relations experience with a strong focus on media relations
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field, with relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational and planning capability
- First-rate problem-solving skills and keen attention to nuance and detail
- Experience with public relations analytics and reporting, and familiarity with industry tools such as Cision and Critical Mention
- Ability to translate complex ideas into straightforward and compelling messages and associated content
- Proven ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Experience working for public relations agencies or nonprofit organizations preferred, but not required
Crosby was named a 2021 North America Agency of the Year by Provoke Media and has been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post for seven consecutive years. We offer generous benefits, bonus, and profit-sharing opportunities.
Crosby offers a hybrid work schedule, working in office three days a week and remote two days a week (Mondays & Fridays). Our headquarters are in Annapolis, MD, and we also have offices in Bethesda, just outside of Washington, D.C. This full-time position is in our Annapolis, MD office.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume.
Crosby is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation. Crosby has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19.