Are you ready to Inspire Actions that Matter™? Crosby, one of the country’s leading independent communications firms, is seeking a Junior Developer/QA Specialist to join our dynamic team. Our ideal candidate has 2+ years of relevant experience in developing interactive projects, websites or web-based applications as well as conducting quality assurance for large scale websites, mobile apps, and digital products. This is an exciting opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the healthcare, nonprofit, and federal government spaces and help create digital experiences and products that touch millions of people, and positively impact people’s lives.
The Junior Developer/QA Specialist will ensure that our deliverables surpass client expectations and meet technical requirements and follow development and QA best practices. The primary responsibility of the role is supporting the development team with website maintenance development tasks, manual content migration, supporting client demos, as well as conducting quality control testing to ensure that digital products (landing pages, microsites, websites, web-based applications, mobile apps, etc.) that are developed meet test plans and QA checklists. This is an excellent opportunity for a junior level developer to gain hands-on experience in a supportive and collaborative work environment. We encourage candidates with a passion for web development and experience with quality assurance who has a desire to grow their skills to apply.
- Development tasks as assigned to include WordPress monthly maintenance updates
- Content authoring with lite HTML within the CMS
- The ability to communicate well – particularly in the form of translating technical requirements
- Strong appetite for learning modern technologies/techniques as the market demands
- Work closely with development team, UX team, and project management teams to resolve documented QA issues; support client demos of completed work
- Conduct QA testing (manual and automated) for website and other digital properties
- Support UX audits of websites across multiple viewports for desktop, mobile, and tablet
- Create and track bug tickets as well as regression testing issue triaging
- Create and maintain comprehensive and well-organized manual test scripts/cases and documentation for larger scale websites
- Review requirements/technical documentation from a QA perspective to help proactively prevent QA, performance, and accessibility issues
- Conduct accessibility ADA/508 compliance and performance testing for larger scale projects
- Support company-wide quality assurance standards and processes
- Stay up-to-date on the latest QA best practices, trends and technologies
We are looking for candidates with these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or relevant work experience
- 2+ years’ experience developing WordPress websites and other PHP based CMS frameworks 3+ years’ experience as a QA specialist.
- Familiarity with responsive design principles.
- Basic understanding of web security best practices.
- Solid understanding of QA concepts, processes, and user testing tools (i.e., BrowserStack).
- Understanding of ADA/WCAG and 508 compliance standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with high attention to detail.
- Great team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Eagerness to learn and stay updated on the latest web development trends.
- Experience or understanding of automated testing a plus
- Some experience of Agile and/or Scrum methodologies a plus
Crosby was named a 2021 North America Agency of the Year by Provoke Media and has been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post for seven consecutive years. We offer generous benefits, bonus, and profit-sharing opportunities. Crosby offers a hybrid work schedule, working in office three days a week and remote two days a week (Mondays & Fridays). Our headquarters are in Annapolis, MD, and we also have offices in Bethesda, just outside of Washington, D.C. This full-time position is in our Annapolis, MD office.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume.
Crosby is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation. Crosby has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19.